Welcome to Kidamentals!
Our mission... To help the world raise children who are happy, healthy, educated, and all around good people
Kidamentals provides a fun, trusted, and helpful resource to parents
Our vision... To grow into a sustainable organization with a charitable division that provides help to children that need support
The Kidamentals charitable division will meet the top guidelines of reputable charitable organizations
Kidamentals on Academics & Intellect for Kids
Whether it's a toddler working on speaking skills or kindergartner learning how to read, we all take joy and pride in watching our children's intellect and intelligence grow.
From math through science, reading, writing, and language skills, Kidamentals is a resource for parents to find information and learn about enhancing early childhood education.
Kidamentals on Personality & Character Traits
Educators and scientists agree that having specific personality and character traits are as important, if not more important, than intellect when it comes to success in education and life. These traits go by many names but are familiar to all of us:
- Persistence or Grit
- Enthusiasm or Zest
- Self-Control or Focus
- Inquisitive or Curious
Kidamentals is a resource to learn about cultivating traits that provide children with the best opportunity for a happy, fulfilling, successful and meaningful life.
Recommended Resources from the Kidamentals team!
- From the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - www.eatright.org/kids
- www.healthychildren.org from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- YMCA - Find your local YMCA at www.ymca.net
- PBS Parents at www.pbs.org/parents
- Washington State Department of Early Learning (DEL) at www.del.wa.gov
- Thrive by Five Washington at www.thrivebyfivewa.org
- Khan Academy at www.khanacademy.org
- The Smartest Kids in the World: And How They Got That Way by Amanda Ripley
- How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character by Paul Tough
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Martin E. P. Seligman, Ph.D.
- Child of Mine: Feeding with Love and Good Sense by Ellyn Satter, MS, RDN, LCSW, BCD
Featured Links & Things
- Fostering Gratitude in children for happiness. 2 Minute video from www.greatergood.berkeley.edu
- Science experiments at www.sciencefairadventure.com
- Reading instruction resources at www.k12reader.com
- Aha! Parenting at www.ahaparenting.com
- Kidamentals Nutrition Blogs by team member Amy Higbee (RD, CD)
Pinterest Boards from Kidamentals