Kidamentals LLC is owned and operated by West Seattle residents, Amy and Bill Higbee.
Amy Higbee (RDN, CD, CPT)
As a mother of two young children and a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I enjoy cooking nutritious meals for my children and with my children.
My nutrition philosophy is to enjoy all great foods while practicing moderation. I also love to look for ways to make less-nutritious recipes a little healthier while still tasting great!
Cooking is a fun activity that my family shares together and I enjoy helping others achieve similar experiences!
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition from University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago IL
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from John Carroll University, Cleveland OH
- Certification of Dietetic Registration, June 2008
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM Senior Fitness Specialist
I have a son and a daughter who mean the world to me and I do everything I can to provide them with the opportunity to live a fulfilling life. For me, this means enabling them to be happy, healthy, and educated.
Being a father has also helped me understand how much ALL children deserve to have similar opportunities, yet many go without. This is why I work with Kidamentals.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Seattle University, Seattle WA
- Certificate in Social Media Technologies and Implementation from University of Washington, Seattle WA
- Certificate in Digital Marketing Analytics from University of Washington, Seattle WA
- Certificate - Family Connectors University from North Seattle College, Seattle, WA
- 20-hour training course, focused on the development of skills to effectively partner with Seattle Public Schools to increase student achievement, and strengthen family and community engagement.
Kari Larsen - Contributing Team Member
Kari Larsen is a regular contributor to Kidamentals, with a focus on encouraging creativity in children and developing character traits that lead to a happy and fulfilling life.
Kari was born in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, in the same hospital as Judy Garland (born Frances Ethel Gumm). Her grandmother babysat for the yellow-brick road star, and described her as “sassy and strong willed”. She would say the same about her grand-daughter.
Kari studied child development at Western Washington University and managed a group home for young adults with special needs. Today she writes under the penname, K.J. Larsen, with sisters Julianne and Kristen. In 2010, their debut novel, Liar, Liar, (Poisoned Pen Press) introduced P.I .Cat DeLuca and her Pants on Fire Detective Agency. Liar, Liar was awarded Library Journals Best Mystery, 2010. Sticks and Stones (2012), Some Like It Hot (2013), Bye Bye Love (2015), and There Was a Crooked Man (2016) were nominated for several awards.
Outside of Kidamentals, you can engage with Kari and the Cat DeLuca series on their Facebook page at facebook/kj-larsen.