Valentine's Day is so much fun for families and kids and adults! However, it is also so hard to resist all of those delicious homemade goodies and beautifully wrapped treats (for myself AND for my kids)! While I want all of us to enjoy the holiday festivities, I try to limit the amount of sugar we ingest.
On Valentine's Day, I do let my kids eat some of the treats they receive as gifts; however I also try to incorporate healthier, fun Valentine-themed foods into the rest of the day.
Here are 11 Fun and Healthy Valentine’s Day Themed Foods to try with your kids:
- Heart shaped whole wheat pancakes topped with fruit
- Heart shaped French toast made with whole wheat bread, topped with fruit
- Whole grain muffins in festive liners
- Whole grain bagels with strawberry cream cheese
- Red and white yogurt parfait made with raspberries or strawberries
- Banana boats – banana scooped out lengthwise with red berries in the middle
- Fruit cut into heart shapes with cookie cutter
- Fruit either dipped in chocolate or drizzled with chocolate
- Pink milk – cup of milk with a drop of red food coloring (can add few drops of vanilla or almond extract for a little extra flavor)
- Heart shaped sandwiches, grilled cheese, pizza
- Tomato, red pepper and mozzarella skewers