Quick and easy are the two requirements of our weekday breakfasts and I’m happy to add another choice to the short list of options! My five-year-old does not love breakfast, so when I made this the first time I had him help me to encourage his acceptance of the dish. Now he nearly makes the entire meal himself! He calls it his “Fancy” egg breakfast, which cracks me up, no pun intended! I love that my son loves exerting his growing independence and the meal offers a filling, protein-rich start to the day!
“Fancy” Egg - Quick and Easy Egg Recipe that Kids Can Prepare!
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste (about one tablespoon)
- Lightly coat a mug or small microwave-safe dish with spray oil.
- Add egg, salt and cheese.
- Beat with a fork to blend.
- Microwave about 45 seconds. Check for doneness, and continue cooking if necessary (depends on microwave wattage).
- Slide egg onto plate, and serve!
*You can do many variations depending on taste, such as adding milk or water for a fluffier egg, or different cheeses or herbs