Use whole wheat pasta over white for more fiber, protein, and phytonutrients in this dish! If you currently use white pasta regularly, and want to try whole wheat, you can do the switch gradually by mixing half whole wheat pasta and half white. Gradually increase your ratio of whole wheat to white, and experiment with different brands to see what appeals most to you and your family.
- ½ pound pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 head broccoli, or two cups frozen broccoli
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup milk or buttermilk
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions, however set timer for two minutes less than directions
- Add peas to pasta water, and cook for two more minutes
- Prepare broccoli (if frozen, add to water with peas or if fresh, steam heads in microwave or stove)
- Whisk milk and dressing together
- Combine all ingredients and top with freshly grated parmesan
*Cooked chicken mixed in this dish is also very good!