A nutritious, portable, and delicious snack or breakfast!
- 2 cups dates, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 1/8 cup cocoa
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- Remove pits from dates.
- In a food processor, combine dates and peanut butter. The mixture will clump in a ball, and never be perfectly smooth which is OK – just try to process out the big date chunks.
- Add cocoa and process to distribute evenly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process enough to mix everything together, but do not totally puree the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into pan (I use 8x8), and press flat with a spatula so it’s about 1 inch thick. (I don’t line my pan, but you can line yours with wax paper or aluminum foil if you want to lift the bars out for easy cutting).
- Chill for at least one hour.
These bars don’t have to be refrigerated, but they do hold together better when they are kept cold. These freeze well.
Serving Size: One 1 1/2 square inch bar