Capitol Hill Cooperative Preschool
Address: 1200 10th Ave E, Seattle, WA
Phone: (206) 324-2944
Neighborhood: Volunteer Park
Ages: 1 to 5
Hours: Part Day / Full Day
The Coop model thrives from joint teacher and parent interactions and ownership of the preschool. Each class has a professional teacher as well as expectations on parental involvement, such as "working" in the classroom at least weekly on a schedule appropriate for the age of the children. A caregiver such as a grandparent or nanny is allowed to participate instead of a parent if that works best for your schedule.
In addition, there is a monthly parent education meeting where professional parent educators from the Seattle Central College lead a discussion on topics selected by the parents. Our parents have found the Coop a compelling and rewarding model when we all work together to provide the best learning and play environment for our children.
- Be honored and celebrated for who they are at the present moment
- Learn, grow and engage through play
- Have a successful early experience with school
- Develop independence and self-esteem while respecting the rights of others
- Become socialized, positively, by making friends, taking turns, etc.
- Develop verbal, cognitive, large and small motor skills
- Learn to emotionally regulate themselves
- Be ready for Kindergarten by the end of their Coop experience