I have made corn on the cob every way. Boiled, microwaved, grilled with the husk-on, etc. Frankly, corn is yummy any way you make it but my favorite method also has the least amount of clean up! Grilling corn on the cob with the husk off.
People often look down on corn, as they feel it doesn’t have the nutritional superiority of other vegetables, such as kale. Actually, the “healthiest” diet provides a vast array of antioxidants and nutrients, and each vegetable contains a different variety of these. Corn is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which are antioxidants found in the carotenoid family. Corn also provides a variety of other protective phytonutrients and fiber.
Give your kids some fun by sharing the workload of removing the husks from the corn (my kids love this step!). We do this outside, because it can be a messy part of the job!
Easy Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn, husks removed
- Olive oil
- Brush corn with light coat of olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning a quarter-turn about every 2 minutes
- Serve as is – you won’t even miss the butter it’s so good!